Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Flower Inspired Redesign

On Mother's Day, while the hubby and I were out on the town, my stepsons delivered a beautiful all white flower bouquet.  When we came home, I found the bouquet sitting in a cup of water on the buffet in the dining room.  I trimmed the stems and arranged them in a very befitting mason jar...perfection!  Something about this bouquet of flowers inspired me to decorate our barren dining room, focusing on the placement of the bouquet and the color white as my main accent color.  I'm certain a dining table or buffet would be the starting off point for most interior designers, but for me the most logical choice was the mason jar filled with flowers.

Hope you like my design.  I used only the furniture and accessories we already own.  A no-cost redesign!


  My beautiful Mother's Day flowers sitting atop a cute little 
side table purchased from Home Goods.   The pillows 
are from Room Service and the "Grissini" 
bench is from Design Within Reach.

 A view of the dining room from the foyer.  The round, dark 
distressed dining table is a recent purchase from 
H.D. Buttercup in Venice, CA.  The white leather and metal 
chairs are from Dwell.  Painting by Interior Designer 
and Artist Kenneth Brown.  You can see the 
traditional elements of our home do not necessarily 
match our Modern, minimalist taste, but we're
trying to make it work.

And from another view...Love the white floor lamp!

My favorite chair purchased by Designer Kenneth Brown
at a furniture salvage store in L.A.  Kenneth 
selected the turquoise silk fabric, the high-gloss white 
paint, and the silver nail heads.  The once beat up 
antique chair has a beautiful new life.  
The accent pillow is from Pier One and the ceramic 
pot is from Ikea.  One-stop shopping is not for us!

A view from the dining room to the foyer, which features 
two "Malena" armchairs from Design Within Reach.  
Green accent pillows and wall mirror purchased
from Home Goods.

Thanks for the flowers, Boys!  Because of your thoughtfulness, your father and I now have a dining room that we can enjoy.  Come over for dinner soon!






2 comments:

  1. Your new home is absolutely gorgeous! I love your taste for design.
    - Mayra

    ReplyDelete