Monday, April 26, 2010

Smile and Wave

This morning I met my daughter and granddaughters at a local Starbucks for coffee and a bagel.  I arrived shortly after they did.  As I strolled up to the coffee shop, my granddaughter Alana and I locked eyes with each other immediately.  Much to my surprise, she squealed with delight, waved both hands furiously at me, and ran towards me with open arms.  What a greeting!  Alana's smile and wave immediately lifted my spirits and reminded me how truly great life is.

And so it is to Alana I dedicate this post: a collection of photos of celebrities and politicians whose smiles and waves have affected each of us in one way or another.

  
President Ronald Reagan ran for office the year I turned 18.  
I am so honored to have had the opportunity to vote for him.

 
 My daughter loves Elvis, and from this pic,
I can certainly see why!


The Twilight cast: two smiles and a wave.

  
A very authentic smile and wave from actress Jennifer Aniston.


 A wave, yes.  A smile, no.  But who cares -- it's Johnny Depp, 
and this Grandma thinks he's smokin' hot!


I had to include Angelina Jolie to make up for my Johnny Depp
comment. My hubby thinks she's smokin' hot,
and I'd have to agree.


President Obama is to my daughter what
President Reagan was to me. 
Although our political views differ, I am very
proud that she cares enough 
about her country to raise her hand and vote.

  
Sarah Palin, the future of the Republican Party, a wife, a mother, 
and one heck of a fabulous grandma!


2 comments:

  1. Too cute Mommy. That made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey kj. i gave you a Sisterhood Award on my blog today. i love you mucho!

    ReplyDelete