Monday, May 24, 2010

Shattered Mirrors


Do you believe in superstitions?

Before . . .


 After . . .


Culprit . . .



Josephine, our sweet little Dogue de Bordeaux, saw her bone in the reflection of our wall mirror and lunged for it.  Missed the bone; got the mirror!  So here's my dilemma, that is, if I truly believe in superstitions: When a person breaks a mirror, it's common knowledge that they'll be doomed to seven years bad luck.  But since Josey is the four-legged type and she broke the mirror, are we looking at serving a sentence of 49 years?

What superstitions do you believe in?  Come on, be honest! 

5 comments:

  1. I never step on the cracks in the sidewalk or walk under a ladder. I also get really bummed if I don't blow out all the candles on my birthday cake, which is why at 40, you better be puttin' on those number candles and not 40 individual candles or my wish will never come true. And I just read this one: "Pick a dandelion that has gone to seed. Take a deep breath and blow the seeds into the wind. Count the seeds that remain on the stem. That is the number of children you will have" Never could blow all the seeds off them suckers! We all know what happened don't we.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe in superstitions. I believe you give power to superstitions by believing in them. So celebrate that because I don't believe you are doomed to bad luck for any number of years. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Floundering,

    You must have stayed home a lot -- the world's full of cracks, which leads me to the dandelion superstition...that only came true because you were home so much with nothing to do but... :0

    And Ash,

    There's gotta be something...You never liked Halloween when you were growing up. I pegged you then as the superstitious kind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha ha, all true, at least until we got cable....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Even if it's 49 years of bad luck, those are dog years. So it will still feel like 7 years to you.

    And no, I'm not superstitious. I do believe in coincidence though! :)

    ReplyDelete